Developing civic data literacy
What's the need?
- There is an increasing need for people to have data literacy skills for their careers.
- Many people would like to know how to better find and use civic data and, at the same time, understand its context and limitations.
Why the library?
- Your library likely has lots of experience teaching information literacy.
- Your library is in the position to adapt existing services or information literacy curriculum to continue to help people access and make use of civic data.
What you can do:
- Work with local community organizations to develop data literacy and skills training
- Tailor an existing data literacy training toolkit to local needs
- Fold data literacy into workforce development training workshops and programs
- Expand the roles and skill sets of library staff
Resources you can use: