Showing the importance of civic data
What's the need?
- Many people aren't aware of what civic data is, how it can be used, and how it is relevant to them.
Why the library?
- The library supports broad and diverse audiences, many of whom may not be included in conventional discussions around data.
- Libraries are physical spaces for sharing activities, projects, and stories from the broader community
What you can do:
- Promote, through storytelling and case studies, projects that use civic data
- Host data art installations, speaker series, data book clubs
Resources you can use: